Banana Facemask.

I've been in a re-using, thrifty mood lately. I'm trying to let my creative juices kick into high gear when I see something that needs to be used up quickly, or if there is something around the house that could use a little face lift. It's a total rush of excitement when a solution is found! That rush of energy is very satisfying, and a little addictive - in a good way.
There were 2 ripening bananas laying on the kitchen counter last night. I didn't want them to go to waste. It is said that American's waste an average of $500 a year in food. That's redonkulous! So, I figured it would be awesome to use in a natural facemask.
It was awesome, to say the least. It's the first facemask that I've ever taken a bite out of before putting on my face. Plus, it smells delicious. There's something energizing and relaxing about the smell of bananas.
I definitely suggest making this! It's way too easy to make - You will love it!
  • 1/2 banana {natural moisturizer}
  • 1 tbsp honey {ancient holistic healer & moisturizer}
  • Mix together in a bowl and heat until slightly warm. Apply to face and leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing. Ahhh...so lovely!
You may also add a half cup of yogurt to the mix because it is a natural exfoliator. I didn't just because I didn't have any on hand.
Don't forget a good book and glass of wine while you soak in a fabulous bath while waiting on your mask to work. Makes me want to jump in and soak now!

No comments:

Post a Comment