Simplify Your Cleaning Routine.

It's been a recent fantasy of mine to get rid of excess. I noticed that I have entirely too many bottles lying around. There is a cleaner for the countertops, dusting, stainless steel, carpet, and the stovetop under the sink. For the bathroom, there is cleaner for the toilet, mirror, bathtub, and floors. I'm pretty sure that is a lot of money spent on a big marketing scheme.

And I totally fell for it.

Having all these choices make cleaning a pain. It's almost as though I'd rather not even do it because dealing with all the different cleaners. It is out of control.

I've reduced my cleaning products significantly and am really happy with the outcome. My cleaning routine is very simplified and it makes it so much easier. It cuts cleaning time down a bunch when there aren't so many choices. Who says you have to use different cleaners for each crevice in your home? Oh right. It was the advertisements.

The easiest way to do this is to keep a few tools, and throw away the rest. Don't feel guilty about it.

Here is what I use now:

A wet rag with a dab of dish soap, or heavily diluted bleach+water mix for extra sanitation.

I use this on countertops, stovetops, toilet, and tub.

I simply dust with a damp rag. If you must have a shine, a tiny dab of olive oil does the trick. I don't go that far. That is just an extra unnecessary step in my opinion.

I know that some people do not like to use bleach and that is fine. Vinegar and water mix is a healthier alternative. I tried it, but didn't like it because my house smelled like Easter.

Seriously, cleaning is way more manageable now. I have zero guilt when it comes to getting rid of all the unnecessary bottles of specific cleaners. That marketing does a number on the checkbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment