Cash Stash: Earn $600 in 45 Minutes

That mustache is cute huh?

Let's skip all the cute talk and get right down to business.

I just made and extra $600 for the year in 45 minutes. I can totally deal with time well spent. It was so simple and I know you are dying to know how I did it. Hopefully, I won't let you down since you already know how to do this on your own.

I switched car insurance.

Baam! Boom! And confetti falls. I sound like a cheesy salesgirl from the commercials. Perhaps I have heard people say "switch car insurances and save money" so much, I am immune to the effect. But truthfully, if you switch car insurances, you can save money. Maybe this is my 'ah-ha' moment as Oprah calls it.

Am I really so lazy as to why I have waited so long to at least inquire about this? Or, have I just simply been scared? I came to the conclusion that I have just felt fear of change.

It has been so easy for me to just continue the monthly withdrawal from my account to my current insurance company. But ever since I have been paying off debt, I realize that I could be saving tons of money!

It's so easy to do. I will give you a little guidance in case you are a little scared to venture out like I was.

Know your current policy: Look. I don't know what means what about insurance OK. I just know that I had a good policy. Since the information wasn't on my card for some reason, I called. And they gave me the info. You need to have this available if you want a comparable policy with another company. I stayed with the exact same thing I had.

Search or call around: I researched two other providers before switching. It is as easy as plugging your info in online. I plugged mine in at geico.com and was shocked to know that my coverage would be more than my current policy at State Farm. I swiftly clicked out of the screen and said no to geico.

Secure your rate: When you find a company that suits your needs and offers a lower rate, call them! The rate I found at esurance was so low that I thought it may be a scam. Much to my surprise, it was right! They went over my online entry and discussed payment terms and yadda yadda with me. I was able to answer all the questions over the phone. It is set up to take effect after this month is done.

Cancel your current insurance policy: Give them a call and let them know when your last payment will be. My policy was month-to-month so it was an easy cancel. However, if you have a 6 month contract or something, you must find out if there is early cancellation etc. because each company is different.

That wasn't so bad was it? After you do all the necessary steps, sit back, take a breath, and realize that you have made an extra $600 this year!

Keep in mind that your rates will be different than mine. Obviously. You may can save more or you may save less. It's still worth the little bit of time for a little yearly bonus. Also, I am not advocating you switch to esurance. This just happens to be the lowest policy for me. You could come across a gem elsewhere and I will just have to be jealous.

Happy savings and bonuses to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment