Your Closet Makes You Money




Everyone could use a little monetary boost every once in a while without having to take on a part-time job. With so many get-rich-quick scams that we all know will fail, generating extra income may seem impossible.

It's not.

You have the funds right in your own closets.

I've been decluttering around the house and have came to the conclusion that I have entirely too much stuff. I battle with the fear of letting things go because I may need it someday. Well, the someday has never arrived.

Clutter is a funny thing. We hold on to it for security. We tell ourselves that we worked so hard to obtain these items, when in fact, they are holding us hostage.

Clutter requires maintenance: You know, move those pairs of shoes here, pack them up there. Dig to the bottom of that basket to find that pair of shoes you have to wear right now only to be able to find one shoe and the other missing. Then, you take out all 56 pairs of shoes and dump it in the floor because you just know that other missing shoe is in there somewhere. The missing shoe is in fact a stilletto hill in the perfect shade of Valentine's Day Red that is so uncomfortable, but just so cute! Oh, there it is, in the underwear drawer. Hooray! Oh, wait a minute...I'll only wear these for about an hour and then I will have blisters and will need to change into my ballet flats. Better find them and bring them with me too.

And the cycle continues. Only now you have a huge mess and have to put everything back where it belongs.

Ugh.

Clutter does not make you successful: Things are just things. We don't show our friends and family our stash of old clothes, CDs and DVDs. We show our success by our character, love, and advice. Our inner self is what is important. No one really cares to see how much junk you have bought. Trust me on that one.

Clutter is exhausting: It takes a lot of effort keeping up with our belongings. We buy duplicates because we don't even know what we have. We cuss every morning because we can't find anything to wear. We pick up trinkets to dust under and around once again. We go into debt for things we really don't need or want to begin with. We don't know where to stop.

I know these things, because I have lived a cluttered life. Only recently have I decided to do something about it.

One of the first steps I took was purging unused items from my closet. I came across things that I wanted to get rid of. I listed them on eBay and something magical happened.

I made money. A good little chunk too, right at $600. It was as easy as taking a picture, uploading to eBay and describing the item, getting money, and shipping the package.

And it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment