Decorating Simply.


I had the challenge of having to host a couple's bridal shower this past weekend. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but still wanted to make an impact. It is very possible to create an ambiance when throwing a party and it doesn't have to be over-the-top.

Here is how I pulled it off:

Select a Theme
I went with a sassy cowgirl theme. The bride will be having her wedding out west, complete with the bridal party in cowgirl boots so this was an easy decision.

Grub
Food choice was simple. I ordered BBQ from a local pit, grilled hamburgers & hotdogs, and made delicious smore's bars for dessert.

Decor
I made my own invitations, and game - which was a major hit by the way. It was bridal shower mad libs. It was entirely too funny when we read it all aloud. Cheap paper lanterns were hung on the lights and also outside under the umbrella. So cutsie!

Extras
Sangria in a mason jar. This was probably the crowds most favorite thing! Any kind of drink could be made and poured into jars. It looks so nice and makes it easy for guest to grab, open the top, and drink. The fruit in the sangria was so colorful and blended together wonderfully for a tasty treat.

In the end it is not about the decorations or the venue that makes a party special. It is the people. It's also very easy to go off course when planning an event. There is SO much to choose from out there. It's easy to spend way to much money. I almost made the mistake of buying a pop-up pavilion for outside. I had it in my car already purchased when my simply-living mantra came to mind. I took it back immediately. The buyer's remorse was too strong. I never even missed it! Be wise, stay simple and most of all have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, sounds like you helped to create some great memories on very little cash... nice work! :) I love that you made the invites and the game, bet it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete