Closet Crisis: Season Change

The changing of the season is a perfect time to do some major clean-out of the closet. I prefer to keep my summer clothes out during the season with winter clothes put away and vice versa. It makes the closet more manageable without being totally overflowing.

If there is an item of clothing that I did not wear during the season...it's gone! I don't want to have to worry about the excess time wasted in storing, deliberating, putting away, pulling out, sifting through. It just becomes too much stress to worry with.

Also, if there are items that are damaged or stained, they go too!

I'm liking the streamline method of having only clothes that fit well and that I wear. I'm not in a contest to see how many useless clothes I can hoard. I want to look good, feel good, and have little stress when it comes to getting ready in the morning.

If you feel overwhelmed, it's easy to restore some needed order:

  • Throw out stained, damaged, and unworn clothes.
  • Pull everything {yes, ALL} items of your cloest. Purses, clothes, old boxes, belts, shoes etc. until it is completely naked.
  • Keep items that you wear and that's in good condition. Donate items that you haven't worn. Throw away items that's damaged or stained.
  • Hang up new season's items neatly and with other like items.
  • Sit back and enjoy the serenity of an organized closet area.

I have to remind myself that I have too much stuff if I'm contemplating buying "organizational items." Multiple pieces of the same kind are not welcome in my closet. I do not need 10 white shirts. I do not need 14 pairs of tennis shoes. They deserve a new home. I like simple choices. It makes life so much easier in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment