Take it Back.

In other words...how to make $111.97 on your lunch break.

You can do it too with either one of these options:

1. TAKE BACK THE USELESS SHIT YOU BOUGHT YESTERDAY ON IMPULSE for no other reason thatnyou were bored and didn't want to go home to clean house.

2. DO NOT BUY THINGS ON IMPULSE IN THE FIRST PLACE because you do not need it.

And that is it. It truly is that simple.

Unfortunately, I am having to learn things the hard way. I'm battling my impulses and fears head on and it is really hard.

Let's take a look at what happened to me yesterday and today and really break it down and soak it in for what it is worth.

I went shopping after work yesterday because I really didn't want to go home. I didn't want to go home because I didn't want to feel obligated to clean house. So, I wanted to go shopping to kill time and get an instant high on buying things.

I spent two of my precious hours on going in and browsing four different stores. I bought something from each store. It all totaled $111.97.

I have to work at my job 9 hours to pay for items I just bought. NINE HOURS, FOLKS! That is a whole entire work day of my life. Did I really need that new dress or could I wear one that I already have in my closet that I've only worn one other time? Seriously. All jokes aside.

When I got home I still had to clean. But instead of just cleaning, I felt guilty about my impulse purchasing.

This morning, I loaded up the unnecessary purchases into my car and drove to work knowing that I had to take these things back.

I spent my entire 1 hour lunch break returning things to four different stores. I made my money back alright, but that was a hassle that I shouldn't have even dealt with in the first place.

True story.

Now, take back those things you just bought and enjoy not feeling guilty for once.


No comments:

Post a Comment